Polk Audio Floor Standing HiFi Home Theater Tower Speaker (S60)
Built to bring the big surround sound theater and music experience into the comfort of your living room, the Polk Signature S60 tower speaker continues in the Polk tradition of American HiFi. Featuring Hi-Res certification, a new Dynamic Balance designed acoustic array, precision cross-overs, an anti-diffraction magnetic grille, modern cabinet styling and exclusive Power Port bass enhancing technology, you get elevated sound for movies, TV, and music in a totally re-imagined design.
- Enjoy rich, clean, full-range sound for movies, TV, and music with Polk’s new Dynamic Balance acoustic array
- (1) 1” high-resolution Terylene tweeter for a crystal clear high-frequency response that perfectly reproduces the latest high-resolution audio files
- (3) 6.5” low distortion mica-reinforced polypropylene cones with four-layer voice coils for clean, clear bass, better linearity, and dynamic mid-range
- Exclusive Polk Power Port technology for greater, more impactful bass
- Sold as individual speakers
- Dimensions: 44.5" H x 11.67" W x 15.7" D
- Warranty: 5-year manufacturer warranty
- Shipping/Delivery: estimated 3 to 5 business days
- See more of Polk Audio's Signature Series
I am very happy with the purchase from Parker Gwen of two Polk Audio S60 speakers. The price was good, they were shipped quickly, and they sound great with the two pairs of S20 and one S35 that I already had. The S60 came faster that the S20 and S35 that I had bought from Best Buy.
I bought these at the same time as Definitive Technology BP9040. At this price point (currently $399/ea), these speakers win hands down. The BP9040 have built in, powered subwoofers. These do not. In terms of pure bass driving power, the BP9040s win.
However, for overall sound quality and value, the Polk S60 are an excellent choice. The tweeter provides excellent clarity. The dedicated mid-range speakers provide clear and crisp sound. The woofers provide more than enough bass. I have them paired with a 12" powered sub, but honestly you wouldn't need to. They provide adequate bass on their own.
Not sure for how long Parker Gwen is going to have these at the $399 price point, but it's currently cheaper than anywhere else I could find. Additionally, they shipped them to me in about 4 business days. Best Buy was going to be more than a week.